Total Pageviews

Friday 24 June 2011

Alan Thompson Interview Part 3.




Alan Thompson Interview Part 3.

You dabbled a bit with Hard House in the late 90s, how did this come about?

It wasn’t really hard house, well not as most people would describe hard house. It was what was coming out of Holland at the time, yes it was tough but was very funky. I loved all those big phat bouncy basslines, Steve Thomas called it comedy house which I though was very funny but you know I had fun with it and again like many genres it had its good and its bad. I did my Alan Thompson slant on hard house! I also collaborated with Steve Thomas as Fruitloop, with Diddy as Bedlam and BK for Nukleuz. I also recorded a few hard house tracks under the name Alter Ego and used this name for these projects so people didn’t get confused with the more housey productions of Alan Thompson.

Favourite 90s DJs.

Smokin’ Jo, she really was a great inspiration to me, an awesome DJ and a dear friend. Danny Tenaglia, Daz Saund, Trevor Rockcliffe and Carl Cox

What is your favourite own production / remix?

Fave track produced, my own production would be 'Do That To Me" was so important that I got this right as it was for the Trade label.

Any regrets?

Non what so ever, I have enjoyed every moment of my DJ career, yes there were times when I hated it and it was tough being on the road away from loved ones and friends but being behind the decks and playing to an audience was what I lived for, it is my passion and to this day nothing compares to being in a club and selecting the music….. its truly magical and I am lucky enough to have been doing now for nearly 20 years.


Many thanks to Alan for giving this interview along with some of the mixes posted this week.  I hope you enjoy the Youtube video above.  Its a collaboration between Alan and Steve Thomas.  Its a personal favourite of mine.  I think it sounds fresher than most new dance music I hear nowadays.





No comments:

Post a Comment