Total Pageviews

Saturday 20 November 2010

JEFF MILLS THE BELLS



This us one of my favourite Jeff MIlls tunes.  In fact one of the best techno records ever. Weirdly enough the first time I heard this was watching one of those 90s Ibiza TV programmes. Jermely Healy was on it DJing at Cream in Ibiza. He played it in his set.  It took my ages to find out it was by Jeff Mills.  After all Jeff Mills and Jeremy Healy are not two names usually put together.

It was also a favourite at The Orbit in Morley. Not sure how many of you managed to get to the Orbit? I went there a handful of times. It was a very intense northern techno club, with an insane crowd who would literally be swinging from the rafters. It was also one of the friendliest clubs I've ever been to.

The crowd would only accept techno being played.  I remember one time Laurent Garnier playing some techy drum and base and hip hop for about 15 minutes in the middle of his set.  The dance literally cleared and the crowd were totally disgusted by him deviating from techno.  Personally I though it was one of the best sets I had ever heard.  it really opened my eyes.

I have a few stories to tell of the Orbit. But they will be told in other posts.

Enjoy the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment