Total Pageviews

Saturday 13 November 2010

Before and After.

Now you will have to bear with me a bit today.  Ive decided to have a before and after day.  I be posting some youtube links to videos of non-dance 90s records.  Some of these will be (imo) truly rubbish records. Later on tonight I will then post the dance remixes.  In each case I hope you will be surprised at how good the remixes are.  In most cases the remixers have completely changed the tunes are.


At what point is the remixer just making his own record?  The Aphex Twin was quite open about this in the early 90s.  In one interview he admitted that some of his remixes (which he was paid a lot of money for) were just his own tracks that he'd already made, with a tiny (often unrecognisable) sample of the act on it.


Anyway I hope you enjoy what I do today.  The remixes that you will see tonight are some of the greatest dance records of all time.  Some you might never have heard the originals of.  You might even have not realised that that tune you loved was originally by a cheesy boy band.


Apologies for the obvious before and after photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment