Total Pageviews

Saturday 24 March 2012

Carlo Gambino Interview part 3 .



Here we have the final part of the interview with Carlo Gambino.

Enjoy.


Did you ever produce any records?

Yes Ive produced a lot over the last 6/7 years on various labels worldwide. I now own and run my own label called ‘Midnight Social Recordings’. I m now on the second release with the label, plus I have a host of things coming out in 2012 on various labels.

Longest set?

I did an 8hr set back to back with someone, which was great. But the longest set has to be at a house party after id just played for 2 hours at a club. I then went back to a house and played for about 10 hours. I went through every record in my box, I played both sides and all the mixes about 3 times. Every time I looked up the house was full of different people.

Worst club played at?

Do I have to tell you…….ha. Seeing is believing! Some horrible little place in Doncaster. My friend was supposed to be playing and got ill so I did it for him. I got asked for Take That and RnB all night…this was supposed to be a ‘House’ club.

Favourite Leeds club?

The Warehouse without question always will be my number 1! It Looks and sounds even better now after the massive re-furb.


Favourite Leeds DJ?

There’s only one…..Back to Basics hero ‘Ralph Lawson’. A true pioneer in house music today and a nice guy too.




Do you still play out? If so where and what style of music do you play nowadays?

I play all over the place still, up and down the country. I guest at various places like I always have done and I also co-promote a night called ‘Lip Service’. We have been doing bi-monthly parties for over a year and these are set to continue.

I play across the board but mainly deep and tech house with a bit of nu-disco for good measure. Playing the same genre all the time would inevitably get boring, I grew up on The Specials, The Police, Bob Marley and loads of funk so my taste has always been varied including house music.


No comments:

Post a Comment