Total Pageviews

Wednesday 21 March 2012

Carlo Gambino Interview part 2.

Part 2.



Any stand out memories from your nights at Speed Queen and the Glasshouse?
I’ve had some many great memories being resident for 5 years back then. New years eves and birthdays were always great but for me it was probably when we returned back to The Warehouse after being homeless for a while. I remember turning onto the road to a sea of people. The queue was round the block, it took me about 20 mins just to get into the club. The club literally went off from 10pm until I closed it at 4am, I think I played 30 mins over because the crowd wouldn’t let me go. Kas always used to tell me off but then would come back and say “Just one more then”

Favourite record label?
Now I play totally different stuff so my favourite labels have changed since the days of Speedqueen. Favourite labels now and always will be  Ralph Lawson’s 20:20 Vision, Classic, Drop, Robsoul, ….the list is endless

Did you ever play abroad? If so where?
Yeah as well as playing in the UK I do play abroad. Ive played all over Ibiza, Italy, Holland and I'm playing in the states. Gigs in New York and hopefully Chicago in nov/dec this year

How does clubbing today compare to what it was in the 90s?
Its totally different, they both have a place in my heart though. When I first started going out/djing in the nineties it was all new, fresh, exciting and a hobby really. Then things started to take off  and now its more serious, as it’s a business. I have been playing for 17 years now and I still love to have fun but I'm definitely more wise to the whole scene now.

Favourite chill out record?
Anything off the ‘Café Del Mar’ CD

No comments:

Post a Comment