Total Pageviews

Saturday 11 December 2010

Smokin Jo live 1993

Not 100% sure where this set was recorded from.  It could be from Trade as it has a number of Trade records on there.  However, i suspect that this was from one of the other many clubs she was playing in at this time.  This was the period when her career really took off.

At the time she was playing on a regular basis at Trade, Basics, Cream and all the other superclubs.  She was also one of the firat big UK DJs to take off in Ibiza.  I always preffered her sets at Trade as they were just that bit tougher than the other places.

I remeber looking at the club listings for 1992 (or maybe 1993) and along with Fat Tony (who was also listed everywhere)  she was playing at nigh on 8 clubs that night.  Talk about popular.

Anyway enjoy this set.

http://www.mediafire.com/?1o21j25910woz0w

6 comments:

  1. Hello,
    Great mix and takes me back to all the nights I heard her spin at Trade / Sex / Glam / Industria / Pushca / Love Ranch etc etc..

    Do you have any mixes that feature the song with the lines 'In my dreams, you're all I need baby.' She played it a lot in the very early days and have never managed to track it down.

    Anyway, keep up the good work!

    Gareth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Gareth

    Thanks for the comments. The record you are after is 'In my dreams - The Party'. I will be posting a YOUTUBE link for the tune. I have it on a Trade mix tape from 1991/2. I will post a link for the mix up soon.

    Robx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This ace. I had it on tape. Do you know what the track is at 1hour 14 mins?
    Cheers
    L

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi L

    I love that record as well. Have no clue what it is though. Anyone out there know what it is?

    I will post a message to Smokin Jos Facebook, see if she remembers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks SOOOO much for posting this, I havent heard this mix for about 15 years.. takes me back! so good

    ReplyDelete
  6. the track at 1:14 is Herbal Hand by B-Line

    ReplyDelete