Total Pageviews

Monday 14 November 2011

Daz saund @ Troll 1991.

I have had exactly 50000 views on the blog since it started a year ago.  Many thanks to everyone who has viewed it, sent me lovely messages and the many mixes that have been given.


All mixes that have been sent will be posted in time.  I have so many rare sets to posts that I am so excited about sharing them.


As a way of celebrating 50k views I am posting my most treasured and favourite mix of all time (thanks to Paul and Mark).  It is from the absolutely legendary Troll @ The Soundshaft from 1991.  For those don't know Troll was one of the first gay / mixed house and techno nights in the UK.  It was started up by Tim who then went on to start up Trade with Lawrence Malice.


Troll was the club that existed before Trade.  The story goes that after Troll people wanted to carry on partying.  Therefore Trade was started.  To put things into perspective.  Trade is seen as being the birthplace of Hard House.  Troll was the big sister of Trade.


Ive labelled this mix as being by Daz Saund.  Im not 100% it is.  It sounds like his style at the time.  However, it could have been by Trevor Rockcliffe, Steve B or Luke Slater who were also residents.


I will soon be dedicating a week to Troll.  If you have any Troll mixes please get in touch as they are very rare.


Anyway thanks again for all your views on the blog.


http://www.mediafire.com/?xug63s0r397va6m

6 comments:

  1. IMHO I'd say this was Mr. Rockliffe. Fabulous stuff tho!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah so good to hear!!! I was sharing a house with Daz in 91, the funky house in Tooting :-) All of us were Troll/Trade diehards, so I got to hear what he was playing at the time loads. There are at least fifteen mixes between records in there that I can remember regularly hearing him do and the mix has loads of tracks which were his faves back then, plus that's his mixing style.. quick and slick, mixing Chicago/Detroit/NY grooves with a bit of hip house, and then tearing it up with Eurobeat and rave. No doubt for me it's him and it still sounds great now :-)

    Nice blog and big, big love to any old troll/trade/ff/garage/rage nutters who are still around .... the best times ever and once in a lifetime parties. I feel privileged to have been there and shared it with such a great group of people. I've still got my plastic Troll on a fluorescent yellow neck string :-)

    Joey Beltram @Garage in 1990 anyone??

    D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy days. That must have been happy/mad times house sharing with Daz Saund.

    Loved Garage, missed Joey Beltram there though. Must have been amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy days indeed :-)

      Beltram might have been at Rage on a Thursday, or Garage, my memories are a bit hazy of that period as there were so many good nights on in Heaven at that time.

      No mention or mixes on here of the early Lost parties? They were the best if you liked the techno side of things and were always held in such great locations.
      D

      Delete
  4. Would love to hear this or any Troll mix.Oh for just one Saturday night back then......

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved loved loved Troll!
    I can't seem to download the mix.......and am now scouring the web for it like a nutter.
    Anyone know where I might find it?

    ReplyDelete