Total Pageviews

Sunday 7 August 2011

August is React Records month on the blog.

Its been very quiet on the blog the past few weeks.  Well I intend to make up for lost time and dedicate a whole month to the mighty React Records.

During the 90s React pretty much sound tracked my life.  The early Reactivate compilations highlighted the emerging Techno and trance sounds being played at Troll, Trade and Garage.

As the 90s progressed the label still championed the harder sounds.  However, it started to showcase a more diverse sound.  Taking in house, Detroit techno, handbag, hardbad, Tesko, hardcore, ambient and hip hop.

With the exception of the massive selling Bonkers Hardcore series.  React opened my eyes to a more diverse music genres.  Bonkers was just not really my cup of tea.  I always felt that Happy Hardcore was a bit too young for me.

Throughout August the blog will have the following:


  • An interview with Thomas Foley.  One of the founders of the label.
  • Videos of my favourite React releases.
  • The start of 'Mrs Woods Jukebox'.
  • DJ mixes from Blu Peter, Mrs Wood, Jose Padilla and other React related DJs.
  • Images from the labels fantastic groundbreaking record covers.
Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment